Solo Auditions for Festival:
⭐️ Deadline for submissions: March 11, 2022
✔️ Video file must be mp4 format in Google Drive
✔️ On recording: The student should clearly say their:
- grade level,
- and then sing the audition passage clearly with or without the accompaniment track.
Solo spots for auditions:
- Al Shlosha, m. 5-12
- One Voice, m.19-32, + m.32-35 (this solo may be broken into several solo phrases and awarded to multiple students)
Important Audition Info:
- Do not email or text video files; they will be too large for our inbox. Instead, upload your video to Google Drive and then SHARE the link in the body of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A limit of 2 students per school may submit auditions. Directors should use their discretion to choose 2 students and assist them in submitting their separate auditions correctly before the deadline.
- The solo does not need to be memorized for the audition video, but if the student is chosen as the soloist, must be prepared to sing it by memory for the Festival performance.
- Students may sing with or without the accompaniment track for their audition. We recommend that the student wear headphone/earbuds to hear the track, so that their voice is the only thing the judges hear on the recording. If that is not feasible, then the volume for the track must be low enough to not overpower the student's voice.
- Submissions must be received by March 11, 2022. Winners and alternates will be notified the week before the Festival.
Submit Google Drive of audition mp4 file link via email to: email@example.com